Foto von A340-300-01-GULF-AIR Maschine

History of the Institute

The chair for airships and aviation was founded in Darmstadt as early as 1913, shortly after the aviation pioneer August Euler received the pilot license Germany No. 1. First Director of the institute was Prof. Carl Eberhard.

1909: August Euler with his pilot trainee Prince Heinrich of Prussia. The foto was taken in front of a biplane constructed by Euler on the airfield “Griesheimer Sand” near Darmstadt. Source: August Euler Archiv